Translate

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Introductions first.....

Well hello to you whoever you are, if in fact you are anyone. Far be it for me to assume that anyone will actually read my blog although I am addressing it to you in the hope there is a you and I suppose I do have to admit I am egotistical enough to expect that someone somewhere would be interested in me and my life.  Writing however, is deeply therapeutic for me and I do think that due to the lack of attention I believe I should have had as a child, I am constantly looking for attention elsewhere. How do I get it is the thing. I have been single since 2003 and so haven't had much attention from anyone as an adult either!! Has this contributed to the symptoms of my Bi-Polar disorder slowly worsening? Possibly. I have tried to fill my life up too much so I get attention from people around me but then I get overwhelmed and stressed which defeats the object. 

I digress. Currently I am 47 yrs. old and it is the start of a new year - again. I am still single, still fat, and still poor, still live in a house which needs a lot of work doing to it, still don’t have many friends and still have Bi-Polar. I would like to change this. Maybe I have to recognise I can’t change it all at once and start planning small steps. Is it worth it at my age, should I just accept my lot. Firstly I suppose I have to work out what I want to change things to, ha ha ha. Most of the time I don't believe I have achieved anything really worthwhile and it upsets me. I thought I would have done something really great by now. I don't mean becoming rich and famous or anything like that. I mean doing something that I enjoyed but at the same time I had to work for. I have done small things I am proud of which I will list at some point I think to remind myself I have done more than I give myself credit for. There it is, the problem in a nutshell. I know what I should be doing, shouldn’t be doing, am capable of doing, am not capable of doing, what I want to be doing and what I can realistically expect myself to be doing. I just want more!!!

So, thanks to you dear reader, (I will assume you are there) and wouldn’t it be amazing if there was at least one of you, I will use the attention you are bestowing upon me to make me feel better about myself and see what I can achieve this year in my mission to find a little more peace within than I currently have. Thank you for reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment