Translate

Saturday 5 January 2013

The world starts to reach back........

Ooh how exciting. I went to see the Jack Reacher film last night with my fifteen year old nephew and we both absolutely loved it. I wanted to see it because I have read so many of Lee Child's books about the character 'Reacher' and just knew that because he writes such a good plot, it surely couldn't go wrong; especially with Tom Cruise producing it and having the lead role. Well I was right. I totally ignored all the comments people have been making on Twitter and FB about Tom Cruise not looking like the character described in the books, but seriously, who cares if he is shorter or looks different. He played Reacher really well and the film managed to keep the dry sense of humour that Lee Child puts in and which Tom pulled off brilliantly. I would certainly love to see more films with this collaberation and have a renewed urge to read all the books again!  Anyway, back to the 'ooh exciting' bit, I tweeted about how I loved the film so much and my tentacles into the world are starting to prove worth it as the point was to get responses back - well Lee Child replied with appreciation!! How cool is that!!!

Also had another reply through Twitter from a postcrossing lady in Barcelona, so even though that is not on the mission list, it is one of my favourite places in the world so I might plan a visit and start a diversion list. Who says there is only one way to do things - certainly not me.

I am on a mania stage at the moment though, can't sleep but feel shattered, start things but lose concentration, such as sorting out the lounge. I am trying to do it perfectly and it takes so long as I keep noticing something else that needs doing. Then I have had to have breaks to keep my nephew entertained and fed which is not that hard as he doesn't seem to eat much and is happy just watching TV. He very helpfully took the tree down though and packed up the decorations. If I can just get that room finished today then I can tackle the kitchen on Monday. I have a conference tomorrow involving an early morning start - bleugh - for the part time work I am doing trying to build up a successful business - it will save you or make you money I promise!

I have lots of voluntary things to do for the International Pole Sports Federation too seeing as I am the Vice-President at the moment, although I do expect to get re-voted in for another year. We have the World Pole Sports Championships in July to organise - crikey. Plus I have PA work for KT Coates sorting out her instructor training around the world. I hope I get going on this as I will actually get paid if I do!!

No wonder I am overwhelmed at times. Now to sort out the Scout group and how I can cut down my time there. I really am doing too much, even though I just sold the Dance school, I still have too much too do. Or am I feeling stressed because I am in a manic phase - oooooh, so confusing. I have been doing moodscope to try and see any patterns but I need to read them more I think.

Right, back to the lounge. Why did I get distracted with this blog - probably because what I really want to do is just write!  Hmmm........, food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment